Friday, October 21, 2011

Calling all Pumpkin Lovers



Pumpkin. One of my favorites. So far I've made pumpkin bars, muffins, bread & pie. So why not pumpkin buttercream for little cakes? It's easy and simple. Just make a regular buttercream frosting. See my previous post on this and add 3 or more tbs of pumpkin. I like the Libby's Pumpkin Pie mix as it has more flavor. You may have to add a bit more powdered sugar to keep the correct consistency. I used this on my mini cupcakes this week and also made Dark Chocolate Whoopie Pies with pumpkin buttercream filling. The result was delicious. The color of the buttercream was a pale pumpkin color & you could always add more pumpkin along with sugar but not too much as you will spoil the consistency. This is worth trying. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. These certainly look beautiful and delicious! The presentation is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord your blog will be the death of me! These are beautiful, and the perfect way to procrastinate is to bake! No No! I am a new follower from Say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have thought of pumpkin buttercream but wow oh wow it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so delicious :-)

    Pssst I am letting all of my google followers know that I changed my domain to www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com. Please update your reader if needed :-) Thanks hun!!!

    ReplyDelete