Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dessert Spying in Kiawah


Do I eat dessert when I go out to dinner?  Not really but I love to look!  Kiawah, South Carolina - tranquil, family time but I had to do some work right? Always looking for new ideas and what better way than checking out the menus around the island. And I must admit, taking a taste of everyone else's treats.  

We did eat in most nights (with a 2 & a 3 year old) but here's a few of the desserts I was able to check out.

In a section of Kiawah, there is a little village called Freshfields.  We actually were there after dinner and stooped at an ice cream shop where you could mix lots of fun stuff into your ice cream - sprinkles, M&M's etc.  The little girls loved it!
 I had mango sorbet which was ok but the server was so nice and the shop very cute.

On another day, someone mentioned Rootbeer Float at an old fashioned soda fountain in a pharmacy but no luck- Closed.  This did remind me of being a kid!

Next stop on our only rainy afternoon was a visit to Charleston and lunch at the Hominy Grill.  

We ate outside in a little garden surrounded by pink roses.


Boiled Peanuts were served as an appetizer.  Not quite sure if I liked them but interesting.

Didn't have time for dessert but took a quick picture inside of the menu on a chalkboard.  These are my kind of desserts.  Definitely need to look up a recipe for Buttermilk Pie!
I loved the little rooster on the wall next to their takeout window.

Next stop, the Ocean Course Restaurant.  Beautiful ocean views, sunset on the golf course and dinner on the porch.  
We tried a Peanut Butter Chocolate cake with a toffee crunch base, chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches, a banana cake which I unfortunately did not get the name but looked and I hear tasted delicious.  I had a Boysenberry Champagne Sorbet which I loved.  Picture are coming soon.

Heading home, fun to check out the sweets but family time was the best!!




No comments:

Post a Comment