Friday, October 25, 2013

Baking in a Cottage

It's been awhile. After selling our home of 35 years & planning to build a new one, we are spending the winter in a little cottage one block from the ocean.  I love it!  I would stay here forever if I could. There is nothing I don't like about it.  Tucked in behind a Beautiful Victorian Bed & Breakfast is a tiny cottage I will now call home for the next 8 months.  I forgot to mention that its also one block from our town's beautiful lake.  Like I said, it's the best!


 It's about 300 square feet with crooked beams and slanting floors & a tiny gas fireplace which Sam just loves. This is our heat for the winter.









Of course the kitchen is just as small and I have just successfully baked 300 cupcakes for 2 weddings.
Not an easy task as the counter space is the size of a stamp and locating my baking equipment was difficult as it's all packed and in 2 different houses for storage.  Ellery Jane is a great assistant baker and gets very excited when she can help.


She loved taste testing the vanilla cupcakes on my front porch.  Cupcakes make her very happy!





Wedding Season is over for now so I will spend the rest of the winter trying out new cupcake recipes, working on my Etsy business for the holidays and enjoying every moment in this little place.


The Bride used her colors of navy, silver and deep pink for her cupcake wrappers.  You can find more of these in my Etsy Shop.  I also will customize for you.  Thinking ahead to the holiday season, these can be wrapped up as a gift for your favorite baker!  You can find them at http://welldressedcupcakes.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment