Thursday, February 11, 2010

pink pomegranate cupcakes

I just saw a great recipe for Pink Pomegranate Cupcakes
I love Pomegranates and just happen to have a bottle of POM Juice in my refrig.
I'm not a fan of cream cheese so I think I will do a buttercream icing with the pomegranate instead. 

Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes


Servings: 24
2 ¼ cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup pomegranate molasses*
1 teaspoon vanilla

Several drops of red food coloring, optional
3 egg whites, room temperature
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar

Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened

4 oz unsalted butter, softened

3 oz pomegranate molasses
Several drops of red food coloring, optional

4-4 ½ cups powdered sugar

You can make your own pomegranate molasses by simmering 4 cups 100% pomegranate juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar until it reduces down to 1 cup (about 70 minutes). Cool and refrigerate up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment