Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fresh Strawberries in January

Usually not thinking about strawberries this time of year but they were in the store the other day and were perfect! My family love them so I got one box. They sat there - no takers! So now what was I going to do with them? Eah week I bake for a local store in town and they "wanted something different" so red velvet cakes with fresh strawberry buttercream icing, I love this recipe and so does my family! The icing was not too sweet and had tiny bits of strawberry throughout. Looked so pretty. So give it a try. Its a great combo and not the usual cream cheese icing that always seems to go with red velvet.

you will need 3 1/2 cups of powered sugar, 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries and 1/2 tsp of vanilla
Beat butter till fluffy, gradually add sugar, add vanilla and 3-4 tbs of pureed strawberries. do not overbeat. I added almost the entire amount of pureed strawberries. Let me know if you try this! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment