Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pumpkin Bars! Is it a Dessert,a Breakfast Bar or a Snack?

This week I made stuffed devils food cupcakes, half with vanilla, half with chocolate but needed to bake something else for the store.

My favorite recipe that does not involve cupcakes is Pumpkin Bars. This is easy, pretty healthy and delicious. Breakfast, Dessert, Snacktime - they are good any time of day.

Pumpkin Bars
2 cups of Flour
1 1/2 cups of Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cloves (if you don't have this, try pumpkin pie spice)
1 can of Pumpkin 16oz (I like the Libbys Pumpkin Pie Mix but you can use either that or just regular Pumpkin. The bars with the mix are a little darker in color. I just prefer this)
1 c Oil
4 Beaten Eggs
1 cup of Walnuts or Raw Pumpkin Seeds (I get them in the health food store but these can usually be found in the supermarket)

Preheat oven to 350
Mix dry ingredients together well
In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs (room temp please) oil & pumpkin
Add to the dry mix and blend on low speed by mixer or by hand. Don't overbeat, just make sure all the dry mix is completely blended in.

Line a 10x13x1" pan with parchment paper (it just makes your life so much easier)
Spread mix onto pan.
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds or walnuts on top.
You can also add to mix if you would like more nuts or seeds
Bake for approximately 25 - 30 min or until tester comes out clean

Cut into squares.
You should be able to have a yield of 24 squares.
Would love to show a pix of the pumpkin bars cut but these are heading out to the store so what you see is still cooling in the pan!



Let me know what you think
Hmmmm next week these just might be cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting!

12 comments:

  1. I try not to label my food - it's demeaning to them as a culture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe for pumpkin bars sounds so yummy! I am a sucker for pumpkin anything, so I will definitely try it out! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We would love to have you come link up again tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouth watering!

    Thanks so much for linking up with our Feed Me Friday hop. There are several wonderful blogs participating again this week, you're certain to find a few new favorites!

    I look forward to reading more from you!

    Your Co-Host,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following you from the hop and would love a follow back over at htpp://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    I notice you have an Etsy shop and sell Pinwheels. If you could provide me with a few for review I would be more than happy to include you in my Birthday Bash blog event. Additionally, I would post your etsy shop banner on my sidebar. Let me know if you are ever in need of reviews:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the blog hop. In love with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog inspires me to follow one of my dreams and get into baking on a professional level! New follower from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! I can't wait to try these. I love just about anything pumpkin! I linked to you from So Sweet Sunday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pumpkin bars (or anything pumpkin, for that matter). These look delicious!

    Thanks for sharing at So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love pumpkin bars and muffins! And for the record, YES, for breakast! Just have a piece of fruit with it and it's all good. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping over from BSN to follow you. Love your site and hope to try this yummy recipe out. I love anything with pumpkin in it.

    Please follow me back at http://encorehomestagingredesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great site! I found you from the freaky friday hookup. I can't wait to read more. Now I'm hungry!

    I'm at http://beatnikki.blogspot.com.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Well Dressed Cupcakes,

    Love your tips on cupcakes! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top cooking Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

    If you recommend something that is purchased, from cookware to appliances to kitchen gadgets, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

    Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=fd921) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=fd921). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

    Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete