Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apple Crumb Cupcakes - Is it a Cupcake or a Muffin?

It's apple season! I saw this recipe and knew it would be delicious. We just had these for dessert tonight with steaming hot cups of green tea, honey & lemon. But these little cakes will be perfect for breakfast tomorrow. The recipe did not have crumbs &this last minute addition was perfect. Try this recipe. It's easy, quick & one you will make again and again during apple season. I found this on MyRecipes.com which has enough treats to keep me busy for awhile!



Ingredients
2 apples (I used ones that were for baking) chopped
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
3/4 tsp of baking soda
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Confectioners' Sugar

Preheat oven to 350
12 cup muffin pan ( I did not use liners as called for in the recipe. I lightly greased and floured the muffin pans)

Peel and chop 2 apples
Melt the butter in a pan and add the apples
Cook for 5 minutes on low heat and then stir in the light brown sugar.
Cool for 5 minutes

Mix the flour, walnuts and baking soda in a bowl
In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla

Stir the apple mixture and egg mixture into the flour mix. (Do not overmix as the cakes will become tough)

Spoon into cupcake pans about 3/4 full.

For the crumb mixture measure 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and a tbs of cinnamon. Add 3 -4 tbs of melted butter and mix into a crumb topping. Add as desired to cupcake batter.

Bake for 18 - 20 minutes

Cool and dust with powdered sugar

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

One more thing! As you can see on my sidebar, I have an Etsy Shop where I sell cupcake supplies. I usually do not talk about this in my posts as these are for recipes! I catered a wedding this weekend and made these wrappers, matching the bride's color scheme. I just loved the colors and the way they turned out. Just had to post a picture. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I wanna try that muffin, thanks for posting this here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cupcake/muffins look sooo tempting, of course there needs to be crumble on top! and i do love the cupcake holders you made, im sure the wedding party loved them as well!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, it seem to be more of a muffin to me. Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete