Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Blondies, with Quinoa?




My new obsession is substituting.  Flours, butter, chips, flavors, you name it and I will try it.  This recipe idea came from a friend but of course I couldn't resist making just a few small changes.
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Blondies sounded interesting.
Here's the  Ingredients for your shopping list
Quinoa Flour which I bought but you can grind out own (next time).  This is gluten free
Soy free, dairy free mini chocolate chips in place of regular chips
Almond butter which cuts down on the amount of butter
Butter ( next try I'm using coconut oil)
Brown sugar
Baking powder
Egg
Fat free organic milk
8x8 pan (make your life easy and line with parchment paper)

I added a chocolate glaze.  When I looked for ideas for a chocolate ganache, heavy cream was out so I used butter, chocolate and milk and it was delicious.
The glaze in my opinion just made these Blondies perfect.

Now for the true test.
My significant other.  All I said was, " Try these chocolate chip Blondies"  Absolutely loved them!  He said he didn't want to know what was in them and had one more!



Ingredients and Recipe
  1. 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  2. 3/4 cup smooth natural almond butter
  3. 2 large eggs
  4. 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  5. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. 3/4 cup quinoa flour 
  7. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  8. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  9. 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (use the mini chips)
  10. Additional chips for glaze
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  2. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with parchment paper.
  3. Beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
  4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before cutting into 24 pieces. Let cool completely before storing.
  5. Spread Chocolate ganache (melt 2 oz chips, 1 oz butter, 1oz of organic skim milk) I added the milk gradually for the consistency I wanted.
I think the ganache just make this the finishing touch.  Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment