1 single pie crust (please make your own - its not the hard - recipe & post to follow. But if this is your first pie & you're nervous - you can buy a crust! or make a graham cracker crust! Trust me it's delicious!
1 3/4 cups of pumpkin puree ( don't use the pumpkin pie filling) I like the organic version
1/2 cup plus 3 tbs of dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs molasses
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1. Make the pie crust and cool the BAKED shell
2. preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Place the pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and salt in a large mixing bowl & blend with a whisk
4. Add molasses, milk and eggs. Stir with a whisk till smooth
5. Pour the filling into the pie shell and cover edges of the crust with foil so they wont burn.
6. Bake in the center of the oven about 1 hour until the top is shiny and set. Test by inserting a knife into the center and it will come out clean.
7. Serve warm or at room temp with a dollop of whipped cream
More Pictures to follow after the baking marathon!
If you have a chance, please visit my new store http://welldressedcupcakes.com