Wednesday, January 19, 2011

cupcake of the week?

last week I made red velvet with fresh strawberry buttercream icing so I need to come up with some ideas for tonight.
Thinking of chocolate devils food with a vanilla/oreo icing. What do you think? of course, I know I will have the standard order for resberry bars. They're delicious so here's the recipe:
preheat 350
2 1/4 C flour
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 cup of butter - softened
Mix together till this forms a soft dough and press into a 9x13 pan. (I use parchment paper as a lining) Reserve a small amount of dough to dot the top with.
Spread a jar of rasberry preserves over the top leaving an edge of dough all around.
Dot the top with small pieces of the remaining dough.
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until edges are golden. We cut this pan into 12 squares. A favorite of most customers!

will post a picture tomorrow
let me know if you try these

No comments:

Post a Comment