Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Late! Cupcakes, Cookies, Birthday Cakes & More!


I'm late! It's 10:45 pm. I still have cakes in the oven. So here's my day so far.
Delivered 2 dozen chocolate coffee cupcakes, 2 dozen Vanilla Shamrock Cookies (recipe below)(big St. Patrick's Day Parade this weekend)and 3 pans of Rasberry Shortbread Bars early this morning to the store.
My 1st question for everyone. When I brought the cookies into the store, the comment was "Oh good, palm trees!" They look like shamrocks to me. The owner must not be Irish.

Next - birthday shopping for my grandson's 1st birthday and now 2 cakes for tomorrow's party - one chocolate/chocolate for the chocolate lovers in this house and then Sean's cake.
#2 do you like chocolate or vanilla cake?

Hope it turns out like I'm planning.
I found a pan from Wilton in the shape of a Construction Truck. I am making a vanilla cake. First time with this recipe - from Magnolia Bakery. I use their cupcake recipes and they are my favorites so this should be good. Pictures of both cakes will be up tomorrow along with the recipes.

Vanilla Sugar Shamrock Cookies
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla
green sugar crystals

sift dry ingredients together.
Mix sugar, butter & vanilla.
Add dry ingredients a bit at a time and mix till well blended.
Wrap & chill dough for at least 30 min. before rolling.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
I use parchment paper to rollout the dough. It eliminates the extra flour to prevent sticking.
Roll to about 1/8 inch thick. Use a spatula to place on the cookie sheets. Add green sugar crystals.
This is where I change things a bit. I bake on parchment paper rather than buttering the baking sheet. I also cut out 2 minutes from the baking time. But watch carefully as everyone's oven is different.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. My favorite sugar cookie recipe. Not too sweet.
Hope you will follow my blog. Comments are always welcome!
It's 11:20 I need sleep.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment