Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Late! Cupcakes, Cookies, Birthday Cakes & More!


I'm late! It's 10:45 pm. I still have cakes in the oven. So here's my day so far.
Delivered 2 dozen chocolate coffee cupcakes, 2 dozen Vanilla Shamrock Cookies (recipe below)(big St. Patrick's Day Parade this weekend)and 3 pans of Rasberry Shortbread Bars early this morning to the store.
My 1st question for everyone. When I brought the cookies into the store, the comment was "Oh good, palm trees!" They look like shamrocks to me. The owner must not be Irish.

Next - birthday shopping for my grandson's 1st birthday and now 2 cakes for tomorrow's party - one chocolate/chocolate for the chocolate lovers in this house and then Sean's cake.
#2 do you like chocolate or vanilla cake?

Hope it turns out like I'm planning.
I found a pan from Wilton in the shape of a Construction Truck. I am making a vanilla cake. First time with this recipe - from Magnolia Bakery. I use their cupcake recipes and they are my favorites so this should be good. Pictures of both cakes will be up tomorrow along with the recipes.

Vanilla Sugar Shamrock Cookies
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla
green sugar crystals

sift dry ingredients together.
Mix sugar, butter & vanilla.
Add dry ingredients a bit at a time and mix till well blended.
Wrap & chill dough for at least 30 min. before rolling.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
I use parchment paper to rollout the dough. It eliminates the extra flour to prevent sticking.
Roll to about 1/8 inch thick. Use a spatula to place on the cookie sheets. Add green sugar crystals.
This is where I change things a bit. I bake on parchment paper rather than buttering the baking sheet. I also cut out 2 minutes from the baking time. But watch carefully as everyone's oven is different.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. My favorite sugar cookie recipe. Not too sweet.
Hope you will follow my blog. Comments are always welcome!
It's 11:20 I need sleep.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete