Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ten Dozen Cupcakes! & Billy's Bakery Recipe

This week has been busy! 2 parties and the store and some samples for the new store I will soon be baking for.
 I finally have my website up and running. I combined my Etsy Shop along with a page specifically for ordering cupcakes.   I have pictures of all the different kinds which has made my life a lot eaasier.  I just direct customers to the site and they can now place an order through email (for now) Only local deliveries!  I keep getting requests for cupcakes from California!  Washington!  Possibly my next goal - figuring out how to ship cupcakes.  Any ideas?  Would love to hear from you.

As far as the website I use, it's pretty basic which is what I wanted for now.  Also the cost was a big factor.  So for $4.95 a month, I will manage.  I can now add paypal so I have my supplies available through the site.  If you have a chance, take a look.  http://welldressedcupcakes.com/   I did buy the domain which is renewed each year for $12.00.  I look at some professional sites and wish!!!!  maybe someday.

Now to the baking.  As Billy's was voted "Best Bakery" in NYC I decided to try their vanilla cupcake recipe.  I must admit, I was surprised when I saw the butter was added to the dry ingredients. I was afraid of overmixing but no problems.  The cupcakes are very light & are delicious. One problem - I overfilled the cupcake liners.  The directions (which you should follow) said 66% full.  Hmm mine were more like 75% and I ended up with cupcakes that were too big and didn't want to come out of the pan. New batch!  Yes at 11pm.
But  give this recipe a try.  I have always been a Magnolia Bakery Fan and still am but for a light tasting vanilla cupcake - these win!  Thanks Billy!
http://www.marthastewart.com/255457/billys-vanilla-vanilla-cupcakes

ohh almost forgot!  One new cupcake flavor.  Billy's Vanilla Recipe, filled with rasberry preserves, topped with a lemon buttercream (only use fresh lemon juice and zest) with a dot of rasberry on top!  Great combo.  They're in the bottom row in the picture shown above.




2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Following you from blog hop.. I'm Opal from opalstevens.blogspot.com, hope you can check it out sometime.. :D

    ReplyDelete