Friday, May 27, 2011

Good Things Come in Small Packages - Mini Cupcakes!





I needed to do this & have been thinking about it for awhile. One of my customers always sends me cupcake articles & I love it. About a month ago, the article was about mini desserts. Interesting!

"The National Restaurant Association’s 2011 annual survey ranked bite-sized mini desserts No. 2 in the dessert trends category" hmmm... I should try that.

"At the CafĂ© des Architectes at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower hotel, mini desserts are popular because they’re easy on the waistline" That sounded good to me! I was sold. I had to make them.

So while making a cake for a restaurant I bake for, I had extra batter. Perfect time for Mini Cupcakes!

I had just bought these cute little polka dot liners so I was set to go.

Getting just the right amount of batter (about 3/4 full) is important so they don't look too small. The baking time is cu in half and you'll have to check the 1st batch to get an idea of timing.
A generous dollop of icing - use your regular icing tip and they're good to go. So cute and I was definitely tempted to try just one!

I'll be interested to see customers reactions. Will keep you posted.



If you have a chance, would love a follow and a comment! Thanks

2 comments:

  1. Love the minis!! Found you on Etsy. I'll be back to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always time for cake or cupcakes haha The minis are nice if you can limit yourself to just one! =)

    ReplyDelete