Friday, May 6, 2011
Mother's Day #2
3. Thank you for teaching me to remember what really matters in life. I remember when one of the kids broke something and you said "things can be replaced, people can't)
4. Thank you for all your time when I had to go back to work. (You did everything)
5. Thank you for being the one person in my life I could trust.
6. Thank you for just listening.
7. Thank you for being my mom. I love you.
So.. as my mother had the most incredible sweet tooth, I bake these flower cupcakes in honor of her.
A 1st attempt at flower cupcakes. I was a little hesitant to get crazy with the colors so I stuck with pale yellow and pale pink. I think she would have liked them.
I made my usual buttercream icing and added jsut a bit more powdered sugar for consistancy. Using a larg star tip, #1M I filled half of one side of the pastry bag with white and the other with color. I wish I had been a little braver with the color but net time! Start by piping flowers on the outside and then fill in. Net time I will also add some tiny leaves. Let me know what you think.
I saw something similar on a blog which you have to take a look at. Southern Cottage Cakery. http://southerncottagecakery.squarespace.com/cupcakes-gallery/ Just such talent and great ideas. So as I will never take credit for something that is not my idea - thank you Southern Cottage!