Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies in a pinch

Ok- at a house with absolutely no baking supplies and everyone is asking for a treat.

A quick look in the cabinet found Hershey's Kisses, cocoa powder, flour, brown sugar, McCanns Instant Oatmeal, baking soda and that was about it.

Now let's look for baking utensils:
Mixer - none (my fault as it's at my cottage)

Measuring spoons - could not find any

So armed with a bowl, a teaspoon and a cup, I started to make oatmeal cookies with of course some chocolate in them

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Salted Butter, Softened
  • 2 cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats   

I creamed the softened butter by hand and added in the brown sugar, then the eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, I combined the dry ingredients. (Not the oatmeal)
I gradually added the dry ingredients to the butter mixture
Finally the oatmeal and the chopped Hershey's Kisses

Drop by the tsp full on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 - 12 minutes.
M

They were delicious and I have to say I was a little surprised.  But they all disappeared. 
So much for measurements!

Pictures to come soon


No comments:

Post a Comment