Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes I LOVE VANILLA



I will never stop trying to find the Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Ever!  But that said, I always go back to Billy's Vanilla Cupcake Recipe. This time I did something that made a difference because sometimes my vanilla cupcakes are dry or just not light enough for my tastes. So here goes, nothing major just a few small changes.

I changed only one thing.  My mixer and I used the paddle attachment.   I just got a beautiful Kitchen Aid.  I've been looking forever at these and kept waiting for the Best Sale!  But what was really holding me back was the choice of colors.  I loved them all.  Finally decided on Buttercup Yellow.

Just in time for 2 showers and a book club party.  Vanilla cupcakes were for one order, the baby shower, so I decided to go back to Billy's recipe.


Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising.  (I make my own cake flour) Just take out 2 tbs of flour and replace with 2 tbs of cornstarch.
Sift several times
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 

2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs (room temp please)
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
(So here was the difference - I think) the paddle attachment was the best.  What a difference it made and also it was just plain easy! What was I waiting for?

2. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.

3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about two-thirds full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
(I also think vanilla cupcakes should be taken out sooner than later, when they are a very pale yellow) see my first picture. Wait too long and they will be dry. I always think they won't be done at this color but don't wait!
So mine baked in about 17 min

Cool and decorate
These were for a gender neutral shower
See my post for buttercream
I also used Natural Food Colors



No comments:

Post a Comment